For all you pancake lovers out there, you can still enjoy pancakes with allergies; I made some today with rice milk and it worked really well, I don’t think you can really taste the difference.
Traditional pancakes (Dairy Free)
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 100g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150ml Rice or Soya milk
- Beat all the ingredients until the batter is smooth.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and then add 3 tablespoons of batter.
- Tilt the pan to allow the batter to cover the base. Cook for about 1 minute each side.
- Put on a plate in a warm oven to keep from going cold.
Dairy/Wheat/Gluten/Corn/Egg free pancakes
This recipe is from Foods Matter.
- 170g plain wheat/gluten free flour
- 3 tbsp soya flour
- 1 tsp wheat/gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp seasalt
- Water as required
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the centre, pour in the oil, then gradually pour in the water, stirring constantly with a fork. The consistency should be like thick cream
- Leave to stand for half an hour
- If it’s too thick add a little water. If it’s too thin, add a little flour
- Heat Pure of vegetable oil and fry on both sides until cooked
I love mine best with lemon juice and sugar. I might try some with crushed blueberries for my tea. You could try them with golden syrup, jam, treacle, or savoury with bacon and mushrooms. Anything that takes your fancy really.
Good luck with the flipping and do let me know how you get on. Please share any recipes you like if different from above.