Brilliant news for everyone with eczema, psoriasis and other dry skin conditions; Epaderm® is now freefrom Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)!
Mölnlycke Health Care are pleased to announce that the entire Epaderm® range has been reformulated and is now manufactured without SLS, making it even kinder to sensitive skin and suitable for all ages including babies.
With the change in formulation, Epaderm® Cream has also been improved and now contains glycerine* to make it even more hydrating(1) for eczema and other dry skin conditions.
What is Glycerine?
Glycerine is a naturally occurring humectant, which absorbs water and promotes water retention within the skin. Dry skin conditions, including eczema, have been shown to have reduced levels of naturally occurring humectants such as glycerine(2).
The benefits of glycerine:
- Well tolerated by patients with atopic conditions(2)
- Offers protection against irritation cased by detergents or other allergens(2)
- Long lasting effect on hydration and skin smoothness(3)
- More effective than urea, both before and after washing(4)
With the addition of glycerine, new Epaderm® Cream is now over 50% more effective than the original formulation at improving skin hydration(1).
To celebrate the launch of the improved formulation, Mölnlycke Health Care is offering an exclusive 20% discount to talkeczema members on all Epaderm® Cream purchases until December 31st 2012. Visit www.talkingskin.com today to buy online and simply quote TAE09D12 at checkout.
If you are short of cash, this stuff doesn’t come cheap when you buy direct, however it does come in large containers so it will last a long time. Remember you can get Epaderm from your doctor on prescription of you have a recognised skin condition and you would save some money if you did this.
* The glycerine in Epaderm Cream is suitable for vegetarians.
(1) Data on file PD-427625.
(2) Greive, K (2012) Dermatological Nursing.
(3) Batt, M.D et al (1988) Journal – Society of Cosmetic Chemists.
(4) Bettinger, J, Gloor, M and Gehring W. (1994) International Journal of Cosmetic Science.